Sorry for the delay in new posts, but the last couple months have been insane! Since quitting my Orso job I feel like life has gotten busier, if you can imagine.
I helped my dad coach Grace Christian's (my old high school) cross country team. I was put in charge of the JV girls and what a blessing! They had such heart and were so sweet. I enjoyed coaching them. Unfortunately, however, I was not able to finish the season with them because a last minute trip to Oregon was planned.
I left September 13 and arrived very early in the morning to Portland. This trip was planned so that I could start the HUGE moving process to Alaska...yes our plan is to stay in Alaska until further notice :) The first couple days in Oregon were dedicated to a friends wedding, catching up with my best friend in the whole world, and coffee dates with a number of people. Jordan and I bought a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee in Salem as well, so picking that up was also on the agenda. After playtime I went through our storage unit, with the much appreciated help of Jason Bernard, and tried to figure out what was coming with me to Alaska, what I needed to sell, and what I would keep storing until trip #2. My mom arrived Friday morning and our garage sale was under way. Slowly but surely my things sold until all that was left was our couches and lazy boy recliner. God sold the chair the night before I left and the couches were sold later to an old coworker of Jordan's - thanks to Andrea and Ben for acheiving that and for letting us garage sale in their driveway. Jeri and Eric, Chelsea, Katie, and her boyfriend Nate came to help with the sale. It was so great to see them and to meet Nate! What an amazing trip! I couldn't believe I got everything accomplished that was needed. Praise the Lord!
My mom and I started up I-5 towards Chelsea's and the start of our adventure. I'll save you the details, since this is becoming crazy long, but our most memorable part of the trip I believe would be driving through Vancouver and seeing where all the winter olympic stuff will be held this February, the amazing fall colors, and silver city...an old mining town. We made it home without a hitch. Praise the Lord again!
We made it back for Regions and State XC which Grace dominated at! Both boys and girls won regions and state! My siblings rocked the house - Caleb coming in as seventh for the team and BethAnne as third for the team.
Goodness....one more BIG news is that we are finally moving out of the parents house! Don't get me wrong we are so so blessed to have been able to stay with my family for this time, but its time we went our own way again. Thanks mom and dad for all you've done for us these past 6 months. we love you and appreciate you! The place we're moving to is an old '70s house that needs fixing up in order for the current owner to sell it...that's the catch - we fix it and dont pay rent, just the utilities :) Its a 2 bed, 2 bath, loft, office, and on 2 1/2 acres! perfect for kiska! We need mucho prayer that we'll be able to balance our time and make this work while still saving a little something for our relationship.
Ok Ok I know I missed a lot, but this is as short a recap as I could muster, anymore and it would have been a novel. Thanks again for all your support and We love you all! I'll try to do better with these post.
Happy Fall!
p.s. I just got back from grizzly bear hunting.....one shot. one kill. Thanks Grandad!
No comments:
Post a Comment