Ok, are you ready for our big news? We're moving to Kenai :D Jordan's Elmendorf Base project is finishing up and there are no other projects until possibly spring, so we thought, "what better time to capitalize on our dream to move to the peninsula?" My mom's parents are leaving for the winter on a road trip, so we get to rent out their gorgeous house while we figure out our next step. We both have lots of job options, but nothing is for sure yet. If anyone has any ideas please help! Jordan isn't sure he wants to go down the construction road again, but it is nice to have that as a sort of backup plan! I finally get to quit Starbucks!! I am thrilled, but suprisingly sad to leave. It's been a great 3 years and a blanket of security for both Jordan and I. Now we are stepping off the ledge and into the great unknown with none but the Almighty as our perfect guide! I believe us to be in good hands ;) Please pray for us as there are many decisions to be made in the next month!
Our tentative plan is to be moved sometime in October, we are trying to leave it all very open in case something comes up. Jordan's parents come to visit October 1st and we can't wait! It will be wonderful to show them around the state we've come to love.
As you can see through the last few sets of pictures I've posted, we have had a wonderful summer despite the rain! It has been wonderful being able to enjoy what the summers of Alaska have to offer us. I think that my most favorite memory was being able to go on a canoe trip with my brother and his girlfriend, Danis, before they left for Ohio. Here are a few pictures...


No comments:
Post a Comment