I unexpectedly walked into JoAnn Fabrics with my Aunt Jess a couple days ago and their fall things are up: wreaths, cinnamon pine cones, oranges, yellows, browns, harvest, etc. I was thrilled! I was reminded of why we're upon my favorite time of the year, not my least. I love just enough chill in the air to cozy up in a sweater or under a quilt. I love harvest parties, Christmas parties, Thanksgiving food. I love that holidays mean being with my family. I love getting to be at home without having to rush to the next thing. Fall means xc running, hot chocolate, colors, projects actually being finished, and best of all its the turn we need to bring us closer to Christmas, which calls to mind the first snow that changes the world into a magical soundless place filled with sledding, ice skates, crystal air, twinkle lights, and family gatherings.
In one small errand my whole demeanor changed. Instead of dragging my feet I feel lighter than air. I love how the Lord can take a simple task and transform my attitude if I let Him. Living this life with Him has taken the dread out of moments because He's there, in ALL of them. How can anything be worth panicking over when He's walking right beside you, taking care of you, bestowing His grace upon you? Nothing is worth it, but we're human, so we do. Oh God that I would remember to trust You in all moments!
Fleeting summer moments captured here:
No comments:
Post a Comment