Monday, October 15, 2018

2 years

2 years since the “desert”. A friend reminded me (yes I had to be reminded!) that not only was my firstborn turning 2 but it was also a celebration of His beauty from our ashes. A 2 year anniversary of what God has done and will do in our lives. 2 years ago we were not only celebrating the birth of our firstborn but of a God who was there in the waiting, and the hoping. He chose to write our story this way and we couldn’t be happier. We are so grateful for His presence through it all. 

It’s astounding to me how the hum drum of daily life can dim the wonder from a thing. I think its so important to take the time to reflect, take a step back and remember. I have very much settled into “momming” and my fleshly default longs for nap time, doing what I want to do and groans with the coming of morning. It’s ridiculous really. How come we’re all built with this complaining spirit in us? I want to remember those early days when Cole’s morning coos gave me such delight and when I’d marvel at the miracle of him during nap time waiting for him to wake so we could play again. Now I’m like, “Nooo it hasn’t been long enough! Go back to sleep kid!”


So today I remember. I acknowledge the challenge of this season, but choose to revel in the Glory of it all. His Glory. All is Grace. Such a balancing act of emotions. I am not perfect, never will be, but I AM thankful. Thankful my Lord shines in my weakness, thankful He remember, thankful He’s writing my story, thankful I’ve been chosen to raise His cute boys, and that His Presence surrounds us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment