Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Abide

Jordan has left for hunting. He has had two clients so far. The first one shot his bear, but then lost it. It ran off into the alders. Jordan and Jeremy crawled through and tracked the thing for a couple hours, but it just kept on going. Bummer that the client couldn't bring home his kill. He's out with the second client now, but we've had fog to the ground for a couple days making it difficult to see anything. I think they've just been laying low for now. Jordan's gotten to call home a couple times with my Uncles's satellite phone.

It has been wonderful to not be so busy and to just rest, but all vacations must come to an end. I have started a part time job at Lake and Penn Air as a dispatcher. This week is my first week! It has helped having something to do instead of just waiting around for Jordan to come home. I feel like he's been gone an eternity and its not even September yet. It helps to know he's doing something he loves and has always wanted to do. The Lord gave me a precious gift the first week Jordan was gone. He orchestrated a women's retreat with some beautiful women of God. Most go to Soldotna Bible Chapel and live in Soldotna, AK. I am so bummed I never got a chance to hang out with them while I lived there. It was wonderful to learn about the love of Our Father and what He desires for us. We learned about abiding in Him.

Abiding has been a theme for me this year. (I find it fascinating how The Lord does that for me) I have always struggled with applying this principle to my life and this is why....its not a principle its a whole new way to live! I believed that if I didn't have my devotions during the day then I wasn't abiding. Wrong. I have realized its not about Bible reading, praying, church going, living morally (although these are all good and critical to your walk), but its about walking with Him daily. He doesn't want you to only come to Him when you get a moment to sit in your comfy chair with coffee by your side. He wants you to come to Him throughout the day by telling Him when so and so hurt your feelings, when your husband said the wrong thing, when your husband said the right thing, when your heart hurts so bad you can hardly go on, when your best friend called right when you needed it most, when you're laughing so hard tears are pouring out, when you just don't understand, when the sunset outside makes you want to shout His praise (I'm sure you get the point). Don't get me wrong I love meeting Him in the morning with my comfy chair and coffee just so, but letting Him infiltrate my life through whispered conversations has altered my world. Letting Him love me the way He longs to love me has dramatically changed the way I see life....has opened my heart to an eternity with Him....has helped me notice the blessings even through the hard days. He just wants to shower His love on us and all he asks is that we trust Him with our everyday.

Enough babbling, this is hard ladies and gentlemen, but oh so worth the journey. When we pour out our baggage at His feet we make room for Him to pour life into us making us capable of living life abundantly and full of joy. He wants so much more for us than just surviving until the end. He wants us to THRIVE!



No comments:

Post a Comment