Saturday, September 14, 2013

Daily Bread


Quick word for the day. Jordan has had to deal with pretty crazy weather out there these past few weeks. 55mph winds one day, fog to the ground most morning and rain practically everyday. They say its been our rainiest Fall in quite some time. Seems only fitting after our sunniest summer in decades. He does not have phone capability so I have only been getting Spot messages (basically a quick 50 character text that links me to his location coordinates). From what I've gathered he is having a grand ol' time. He saw 12 bears with his last client (not sure why they didnt get one down) and this week he is hunting with two clients trying to get them moose and bears. We hope to get a satellite phone to him next week (YAY!). It has been extremely lonely not talking with him. I cannot wait to hear his voice again! My work has been good. It has been wonderful getting to dress up for work, work a small amount of hours, and then have the rest of my day to blog, talk with old friends, read, get dinner ready, etc. The work itself isn't what I've always dreamed of doing but it gets me out of the house and distracts me from missing my other half.

The Lord has been so good to me and is always so faithful. It has been a hard season but I have seen His handiwork more clearly than ever before. I get up each morning wondering how I can survive another day without Jordan or without my babies, but after a Bible reading, a prayer, a chat, or a walk in this beautiful place I am reminded of why I am here sloshing through life. It's to grow so close to Him on this Earth that Victory shines from within and reaches out to those surrounding us. It's to be real with one another, to support each other in the journey and to help each other realize this Earth is not our home. He gives us today our daily bread. He gives us enough to face each day if only we remember to seek His face. The remembering is the difficult part for me and I am still (will always be this side of Heaven) in training, but to live this truth is Life itself. So I am here struggling each day to understand the whys, but He reminds me daily that the figuring is already done and I am to just keep finding my Joy and purpose in Him. 

On a side note....I have pretty amazing roommates and we had a great campfire dinner in our backyard last night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment