Monday, September 12, 2016

Enough

Too many emotions rolling through my brain to really get a handle on how my heart is, but here I am 37 weeks into this and realizing more and more that life as I know it is about to get drastically different. Not only because, duh a baby's on the way, but because in the past since my future hasn’t always turned out as planned I've defaulted to expecting the worst. Seemed better to be prepared for the pain instead of surprised by it. However, during this journey I've learned to enjoy each moment for what it has to offer. This has worked wonders in healing my heart and I’m thankful that for the most part these 9 months have been joy-filled as opposed to angst-riddled. Only God. So not only are my circumstances changing, but my perspective has been getting an overhaul as well. 

Now as time draws nearer to labor, recovery, newborn highs and lows, I am reminded of where I’ve been and what’s ahead. To be honest dwelling in the present feels easier, which is new for me, but to not recognize where I’ve been takes away from His work in me and to not acknowledge what’s ahead takes away from His gift and really is quite foolish when it comes to preparing for a life change. I am brought to tears constantly as this all comes to a head. This particular pregnancy has obviously only been 9 months, but our fertility journey has been 9 years in the making. To wrap all that up in a nice neat bow is impossible, but that’s what its been….a gift. Those beginning years were filled with such doubt, fear and mistrust that it’s only by His Grace my heart’s not a confused, tangled mess right now, that I’m able to glimpse His hand in it all and be grateful. 

A long time ago, the Jeremy Camp song, “Enough” struck a chord with me, so much so that I wrote in my journal, “God I want you to be enough for me”. Since then He’s brought me into the desert and given me treasures that can only be found in the darkness (Isaiah 45:3), then He led me out into the promise and has healed my heart in ways you cannot imagine. Today I can say that He’s answered my prayer, He is enough for me. He’s gotten me this far and though there’s been pain in the journey, there’s also been everlasting peace, unending joy, persistent hope, and His loving-kindness through it all and I wouldn’t trade any of those lessons for my babies, for the world. Because of Him I know I will see them again.

I pray that this new one will be brought into this world full of life and health, but if not I know my Savior lives and because of that there will always be Hope for tomorrow. He alone can get me through what’s to come. After 9 years you’d think I’d feel prepared for a new babe, but I fear ignorance can be bliss. It terrifies me to raise a child in this world and as ready as I am to finally hold one of my dear ones, I don’t think anyone can ever fully be prepared to parent. Thankfully because of the story He’s written in me I know I’ll never be alone. Thankfully my story involves several others, like you, who’ve been prayer warriors through it all and are surrounding us even now. Thank you. I will never be able to accurately express what it means to us to be supported by such a great cloud of witnesses to His Glory, to His Promises, to His Hope….witnesses who’ve also gone through the fire and still choose to believe. I pray blessings over you all. 


So with that…..Let’s do this :D

No comments:

Post a Comment